The four-step application is below described for Educators to upload their Learning Activity and send the link to the Regional alias email@example.com
to be eligible to attend Microsoft in Education Global Forum in Redmond, Washington in March 2015.
At Microsoft, we believe that technology alone cannot build 21st century skills for students. Technology is an accelerator, but alone it does not enable change. We believe in the power of the educator, and the impact educators can have when they are brought together and recognized for their achievements.
Microsoft offers engagement opportunities aimed at empowering educators like you effectively use technology to develop your students’ 21st century skills. Join over a million educators, helping over 190 million students in over 200 countries who are shaping the future of education by becoming a Microsoft Innovative Educator – Expert (MiE – Expert).
As some of the world’s most innovative educators, MIE Experts advance the conversation about improving student outcomes through innovative uses of technology in teaching and learning. Participants of the program can expect:
- Free Microsoft tools and technology
- Exclusive professional development opportunities
- To develop your personal “brand” and career as a thought leader by participating in case studies, speaking engagements and content development
- Eligibility to earn an all-expense paid trip to the Microsoft in Education Global Forum in Redmond, Washington in March 2015.
As an MiE – Expert your role in the Community will be to:
- Build educator capacity for using technology in teaching and learning to improve student learning
- Advise Microsoft and education institutions on how to integrate technology in pedagogically sound ways
- Be an advocate at conferences, events and trainings for how Microsoft technology can improve learning
Get started with easy steps:
Step One : Join the Microsoft Educator Network (MSEN)
Join the Microsoft Educator Network and fully complete your profile
Step Two : Submit a learning activity
Submit a learning activity. Learning activities are typically a project-based or inquiry-based activities that exemplify the use of 21 st century teaching practices. The best past learning activities have included references to the 21st Century Learning Design rubrics, included examples of students’ work, and a video explaining the learning activity. All learning activities should be submitted in English to apply to become a MIE Expert. See learning activities from MIE Experts.
Step Three : Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your profile and a link to your learning activity on the Microsoft Educator Network before 15 October, 2014 .